The purpose of this list is to bring you interesting words, that I particularly love. These words are specifically verbs, and I have organized them alphabetically for your convenience and quick referencing.
1. Accost – To confront boldly.
2. Ameliorate -to make or become better, more bearable, or more satisfactory; improve.
3. Assuage – To make milder or less severe; relieve; ease; mitigate.
4. Augur – One of a group of ancient Roman officials charged with observing and interpreting omens for guidance in public affairs.
5. Buss – Kiss.
6. Calumniate – To make false and malicious statements about; slander.
7. Cavil – to raise irritating and trivial objections; find fault with unnecessarily.
8. Confabulate – To converse informally; chat.
9. Disambiguate – To remove the ambiguity from.
10. Elicit – To draw or bring out or forth; educe; evoke.
11. Expostulate – To reason earnestly with someone against something that person intends to do or has done; remonstrate.
12. Fritter – To squander or disperse piecemeal.
13. Intercede – To act or interpose in behalf of someone in difficulty or trouble, as by pleading or petition.
14. Internecine – Mutually destructive.
15. Inveigle – To entice, lure or ensnare by flattery or artful talk or inducements.
16. Premiere – To grant a Prize or an award to.
17. Previse – To foresee.
18. Prink – To fuss over one’s dress, especially in front of the mirror.
19. Quaff – To drink a beverage copiously and with hearty enjoyment.
20. Quaver – A quavering or tremulous shake, especially in the voice.
21. Quinquennial – Something that occurs every five years.
22. Sojourn – A temporary stay.
23. Sully – (plural noun) A stain; soil.
24. Synchronize – To cause to indicate the same time, as one timepiece with another.
25. Transmogrify – To change in in appearance or form, especially strangely or grotesquely.
26. Tweedle – To lure by or as by music.