Hey! I have for you today a list of my favorite of British Authors. Honestly, though I am american, I read A LOT of British books. Who doesn’t? Especially for instance, the Lord of the Rings, The Chronicles of Narnia, etc. But because of this it has changed my life in weird ways.
Before I read British books, I only liked green tea. Now I love teas of any kind! Also, as you age, your taste buds mature. I think I began reading British Books at this time and just wanted to drink tea because all of my favorite characters did. Now I live for tea! Teas and second breakfast. Now I spell things like a British Person. Amour, Colour, Favourite. It is still wreaking havoc in my writing. I call my mother, Mum (thanks to her reading aloud the entire collection of Harry Potter when I was fourteen, best summer of my life!). And while I don’t call aluminum, al-oo-min-ee-um, I have a funny story about a different item. I was in the car with my Mum and a tree branch snagged the radio antenna. My Mum said, “What was that?” Ad I said, “It was the radio aerial.” My Mum gave me a funny look and said, “Are you British now?” These are just a few of the ways that British books have changed my life.
British books are some of the best books in the world, at least, in my opinion. I will say though I have suffered much emotional trauma through the hands of many of these books, I love them all the more for it. Now here is how this list is going to work .
- Author’s Name – YOB-and if deceased YOD :My favorite book they have written
- Charles Dickens – 1812-1870 : Oliver Twist
- J.R.R. Tolkien – 1892-1870: The Fellowship of the Ring – The Lord of the Rings
- C.S. Lewis – 1898-1963: The Horse and His Boy – The Chronicles of Narnia
- William Shakespeare – 1564-1616: Twelfth Night
- J.K. Rowling -1965- :Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban -Harry Potter
- Charlotte Bronté – 1816-1855: Jane Eyre
- Lewis Carroll – 1832-1898: Alice in Wonderland
- Emily Bronté – 1818-1848: Wuthering Heights
- Agatha Christie – 1890-1976: The Clocks; A Hercule Poirot Mystery
- Arthur Conan Doyle – 1859-1930: The Hound of the Baskervilles; A Sherlock Holmes Novel
- P.G. Wodehouse – 1881-1975: Uncle Fred in the Springtime
- E. Nesbit – 1858-1924: The Railway Children
- Richard Adams – 1920- : Watership Down
- A.A. Milne – 1882-1952: Winnie the Pooh
I hope you liked this list of British authors. Please in the comments, tell me your favorite book from any of these authors and tell me more authors to put on this list and your favorite work of theirs.