Hello, everyone. Inadvertently, I have been nominated by Rubix Cube to receive the Blogger Recognition Award.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Select 15 other bloggers for this award
- Comment on each blog to let them know you nominated them and link to the post you created.
So far, two things done, now onto number three.
I started a blog in September of 2016. And for the first two weeks, no one knew about my blog. I was freaking out. What if my parents found out? I didn’t ask permission before starting a blog. Whoops. It was an accidental, secret blog. You see, I liked my site name and I didn’t want anyone to steal it, and I accidentally published it. So for the first two weeks of my blog, it was a secret to my parents my sister (everyone except my best friend Jessi). But then I told my parents my dad just raised his eyebrows and my mom (unexpectedly) said,
“Can you help me do my blog?” So all’s well that ends well I suppose.
4. Now onto the harder part of this post.
ADVICE NUMBER 1
Learn from your mistakes. I’m honestly a unpolished writer. Especially with my commas. Only with Grammarly, my writing looks the way it does. But I’m learning to rely on Grammarly less and less as I write. The more I write, the more I mess up, the more I learn.
ADVICE NUMBER 2
Don’t be afraid, to dream big about where your blog could lead you.
And to be completely honest I’m going to steal a little something from Rubix Cube. Anyone, who is #TeamCaptainAmerica, I nominate you.