This is a hard decision that I have to make, but I think it is the best I can make at this juncture.
Until further notice, I am canceling my webcomic: Cloudy and Artful.
I don’t know if any of you care about this decision which is one of the reasons I’m making it. I don’t get many views on my comics. The most views they get in one day, well, are on the same day they’re published.
So I have 3 Reasons I’m canceling my comic.
- I don’t know if any of you care about this decision which is one of the reasons I’m making it. I don’t get many views on my comics. The most views they get in one day, well, are on the same day they’re published. I’m not hearing much support from my (small) community. Despite what my follower number says, I don’t have 71 followers. I’m on twitter, I have 36 followers there (Shamless Add: My Twitter), and those 36 followers on twitter count as followers of my blog. But no one clicks on my comics from my blog, so no attention there.
- BUSINESS!!! The end of the school year is always tough for people (whether students, teachers, or adults) to come and read a blog. Especially a pointless webcomic. I also am having a hard time keeping up with schoolwork. As I stated in my schedule post (Posting Schedule), I have to reach a certain benchmark of school in order to blog for a day. So when am I going to have time to draw, color, or write a joke for a webcomic? Also, I have a crazy summer/birthday plans that involve tons of traveling so…I’ll explain a little more later about how this new development will probably play out.
- I’m not satisfied with my work. I hate the work I’ve done on these things. With hasty linework and coloring, weak jokes, no style, my art looks like garbagio. I feel stressed out everytime I have to write a comic because I think: “Oh no, I can’t finish this by Monday unless…” *scribbles, paint splooshing noises, and the revving of a chainsaw* “I guess that’s okay…I could do better…” *Checks watch* “Oh, no! I have three minutes to post it because I said I would post it on Monday….IT’S ALMOST TUESDAY!!!!!” …I think you get the point. So this brings me to the questions:
What are you going to do about your webcomics that are posted? And what are your plans for the future? Do you ever plan to bring the comic back?
1. What are you going to do about your webcomics that are posted?
I’ll leave them up if you want to give them some love…But I’m probably going to re-draw them…and try to find a style. This whole thing just means I’m not going to post new ones. Forever, or for a little while…okay, maybe a long while.
2. What are your plans for the future? Do you ever plan to bring the comic back?
I plan to draw on the planes I’m going to board (Maybe later this month) in late May. I’ll try to develop jokes and a style as I travel because I can’t do much else in transit to my end destination.
If this posts, gets enough support, yes, I will bring it back. Again, why should I be creating content, you guys don’t want or don’t read? Suggestions for new jokes (about writing preferably), maybe giving me a link to a video with a certain style you would like to see me try…Those little things would give me support and information to bring the comic back.
Let’s play a small game of would you rather? Or a game of Either or (whichever you like to call it)
Would you rather see:
More jokes about writing
Cloudy and Artful’s journey through life, From the moment they met, till…whenever I die and stop making these… (that got morbid)
Please comment below! I have a preference in mind, but your input would be most helpful.
I hope you’re not too sad about this change in events (actually I hope you are it means you care), but I don’t think this is going to be the end.